|Impressionen of the
- Three-aisle late-Gothic brick hall church
- 1494 rebuilt after a fire on the foundation walls of the former
- 1666 annexes of the sanctuary
Originally consecrated to the sacred St. Nikolai.
- After the restoration in 1930 renamed in “Paul-Gerhardt
- Altar, pulpit and font created by Samuel Hanauer from Strehla
inSaxony, erected 1609/1610.
The Paul-Gerhardt Monument
- Inaugurated on 27 June 1907 for the commemoration of the 300th
birthday of Paul Gerhardt (12 March 1607)
- Created by the Berlin artist Friedrich Pfannschmidt and cast
by the iron-foundry in Lauchhammer with four well-known hymn-verses
by Paul Gerhardt on the pedestal; at the forefront the hymn “Befiehl
du deine Wege” and on the rear the peace-hymn “Gottlob,
nun ist erschollen”.
The Paul-Gerhardt Painting
- It was painted in Paul Gerhardt’s lifetime or shortly
after his death. It is the only original-picture of Paul Gerhardt
and was handed over to the Lübben church-community by the
wife of his son Paul Friedrich Gerhardt. Since then, it has its
place in the Lübben church.
- Since 1666 documents about the organ in the Lübben church
have been existing.
- The present-day sound-character of the organ by the organ master
builder Ludwig Hartig from Züllichau has been kept up since
- 1906 the Potsdam organ building firm Alexander Schuke rebuilt
the organ using substantial components of the previous organ.
- With the organ restoration 1997, the company Christian Scheffler
from Frankfurt/Oder succeeded in bringing the late-romantic organ-work
- Please find detailed information on the Paul-Gerhardt church
of the church.